Alberta physicians are able to claim phone calls with patients in their medical billing, as long as certain conditions are met.
Phone calls for the following patients may be claimed using the appropriate service codes found in the Schedule of Medical Benefits (SOMB):
- LTC patients
- designated assisted living patients,
- assisted living patients,
- home care patients (must be in an AHS home care program),
- outpatient IV clinic patients,
- obstetrical outpatients,
- patients of Alberta community mental health care services.